What I learnt in Church
Bible text: Mark 11:20-25
- If God doesn’t answer prayers, He wouldn’t have asked us to pray without ceasing. 1Thessalonians 5:17
- The enemy doesn’t want us to pray. Psalms 65:2
- There’s no prayer that’s wasted. Revelation 5:8. As a believer, whenever you pray it goes to heaven where it is stored in a golden bowl. The more you pray the fuller your bowl becomes.
- God answers all prayers that He hears but that doesn’t mean He will say Yes to all of them. Yes is answer, No is an answer and Hold on is equally an answer.
- Prayer has technicalities, that means you can pray and miss.
- There’s a right way to pray. Matthew 6:9-13
- Appreciate God first for who He is and what He has done before you start making request. Do not allow the enemy to push you to concentrate on those things you do not have.
Before a prayer can be answered, it must be heard first. However there are some prayers which God doesn’t hear. They include the following:
- God doesn’t hear the prayers of sinners except it is a prayer of repentance. 1John 1:9, John 9:31, proverb 28:9.
- God doesn’t answer prayers with wrong motives. James 4:3.
- God doesn’t answer faithless prayer. Mark 11:24,Psalms 66:18-20
- Praying to impress and to be noticed by people. Matthew 6:5-8
- When you lack order as a married person God will not hear you. Ephesians 5:33.
Do not pray only when you have problem. If you pray only when there’s problem, then you already in problem.
NEVER STOP PRAYING 1Thessalonians 5:17
God doesn’t condemn the unbelivers. He wants you to be saved and He wish that you be in good health and prosper.
We must dwell, remain in God’s presence, study His word to know Him more and His mind concerning us and also not neglect the gathering of the saints. Isaiah 40:3, Hebrews 10:25.
Many thanks for dropping by, until next time…