38. Now while they were on their way, Jesus entered a village called Bethany, and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home.
The good part which is to our advantage
39. She had a sister named Mary, who seated herself at the Lord’s feet and was continually listening to His teaching.
40. But Martha was very busy and distracted with all of her serving responsibilities; and she approached Him and said, Lord, is it of no concern to You that my sister has left me to do the serving alone? Tell her to help me and do her part.
41. But the Lord replied to her, Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered and anxious about so many things;
42. but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part that which is to her advantage, which will not be taken away from her.
LUKE 10:38-42 AMP
In the midst of your life’s demands, where is Jesus? It is possible to lose focus on our relationship with Him, the one and only thing, the good part, that which is necessary for us even though He has promised to be with us always. Is He the One you seek? Are you seated at the master’s feet?
Related: One thing
Today, most of us are running around distracted just like Martha, serving other people because we are anxious of what they will say, we are running around distracted because we want to please them.
We are worried about people’s opinions thereby neglecting the good part, that which is necessary to our advantage.
We run around troubled about what we will eat or wear on our bodies, mulling over things that won’t live past today. Do not be anxious about your life. Matthew 6:25
We are worried and anxious about our looks; we are worried about our relationships, anxious about our jobs, academics, family. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Philippians 4:6
We are bothered about so many things, and by that we neglect and miss out on the one and only thing, the good part. The word which is Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is that good part
Jesus is telling you and I today just like He told Martha, that the one and only thing necessary for us, the good part, that which is to our advantage which will not be taken away from us;
That good part is the word, which is Jesus Christ. He’s asking us to choose Him, to sit at His feet and hear the word of life. That word which is able to transform us is Jesus! Sickness, poverty, failure, stagnation bow at the mention of that name; Jesus.
In our relationship, health, jobs, academics, family, Jesus is what we need. Jesus is the answer and solution to our needs. Jesus is the good part, that which is to our advantage which will not be taken away from us.
One thing I have asked of the Lord, and that I will seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord in His presence all the days of my life, To gaze upon the beauty, the delightful loveliness and majestic grandeur of the Lord And to meditate in His temple.
PSALM 27:4 AMP
Life without Christ is full of crisis. Beloved choose the good part and experience life to the fullest.
Take care and know that love and blessings are here for you.